Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Literary Journal Number 1 Continued

After reading half of the book I was surprised by the confidence that the family had in themselves, that they were'nt scared of people like Lillian Jean, the girl who pushed and beat up Cassie, Cassie went so far as to be so nice to Lillian Jean, that Jean thought of her as a close friend and told Cassie her secrets, once Cassie found out she beat up Lillian and told her not to lay a hand on her or she will reveal her secrets. They also were'nt scared of Harlan Granger, the guy who was trying to foreclose their property because they stood their ground.

At the end of the book though they began to seem more hesitant and scared of people attacking them because of their color than they were in the beginning, I guess it was because they were going through multiple problems all at the same time, with their finance problems, friendship problems, and family problems.

Yes, I would read this book again. I plan on doing that during Spring Break, I really did'nt get to enjoy the book yet, I was just reading it for the project

No comments: